Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Keeping Away the Deer

My folks helped me put up a 7 foot high deer fence for my vegetable garden. Although I've heard that deer fences need to be 10 feet tall, I think that all these posts will scare away the deer. The fence itself is almost invisible, but it's there. So far I've planted broccoli, cabbage, carrots, peas, potatoes, onions, lettuce, thyme and one row of beans because I just couldn't wait until the last frost. Hopefully after the upcoming frosty weekend I can plant some other things.



The potatoes and onions are coming up. I might have to cover the potato plants this weekend.



I found some nifty garden decorations at the Dollar Tree. Everything there is really $1! I bought windsocks and swirly things to keep the deer away as well. The sun was just for me.

No comments: