Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sing for Your Supper

Hey! Check out the songs in the left-hand sidebar. Click on a song to listen. Let me know if any of the videos are inappropriate since I can't view them on my computer.

My parents were here last week. They were all set to get on the road to Florida but my Dad ended up in the hospital with pneumonia for 2 nights. Now they are back at home and trying to get better so they can go south before Spring. It's a beautiful, snowy day in Michigan and the snow is expected to continue to fall through tomorrow. I wonder how many times I'll have to pull out the snowblower.

While my folks were here, I made the following recipe. I wasn't a big fan of the chunks of apple, but they definitely added a yummy flavor to the pork.


Pork Medallions with Double-Apple Sauce (from Cooking Light Magazine)

1 Cup apple cider
2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into chunks.
1 lb boneless pork tenderloin, cut into chunks
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 Cup half-and-half
1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
Cooking spray

Pour cider into large skillet; bring to a boil. Add apples. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until apples are barely tender. Remove apples from pan with slotted spoon, and place apples in a medium bowl. Cook cider until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 3 minutes). Pour reduced cider over apples; set aside. Sprinkle pork evenly with salt and pepper. Wipe pan clean with a damp paper towel. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan, cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from heat. Add apple mixture, half-and-half, and rosemary. 3 - 4 servings

No comments: