Friday, March 6, 2009

Laughing Cow

One of my favorite things is Laughing Cow spreadable cheese. Sometimes I take it with crackers and some fruit for lunch. Or, I put it on an English muffin with some egg for breakfast. Yum!








Tonight I made Nutty Stuffed Chicken. The recipe calls for almonds, but I used pine nuts and it was very tasty and sooooo easy!

1/3 cup light garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese
1/4 cup slivered almonds (or pine nuts), toasted and coarsely chopped
2 TBSP chopped fresh parsley (or 2 tsp dried)
4 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine cheese, nuts and parsley in small bowl. Set aside. Slit chicken through thickest portion of east breast half to form a pocket. Stuff 1 1/2 TBS nut mixture into each pocket. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. You may secure with a wooden pick. Place in casserole pan and bake for 45 minutes.

1 comment:

Alissa said...

La Vache qui Rit! Love that "cheese". Would you believe that I could buy it in Chad, with no refrigeration to be seen? Gotta love a food that hardy.