Sunday, July 19, 2009

Purple Beans??

I've grown green beans before and I don't remember the flowers being purple. They are quite pretty, but I hope the beans aren't purple.



I've never grown cabbage. I hope they are doing okay. They are just really leafy right now and I hope they develop nice cabbage heads and that I'll know when to harvest them.



While Carmina and the girls were here, we picked cherries. Yum, yum! I don't think we were supposed to CLIMB the trees, but I'll bet Carmina found some good ones up there.



We had to pick carefully because many of the cherries were moldy because of heavy rains we had the week before. A day later I went to a different farm with beautiful cherries. Not a moldy one in sight. I guess I know where we'll go next year.

1 comment:

Jill said...

If your beans do turn out purple we would love some! I'd like to talk gardens with you some time. We are going to get an area ready this fall so we can be ready to plant some veggies next spring :)