Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Cabin in the Woods

Last weekend we strapped the canoe atop my car and I hauled it to Indiana to transfer it to Rodney.



We all stayed at a cozy 3 bedroom cabin in the woods and went to the Michiana Mennonite Relief Sale. Although they don't sell verenike at this sale, we had fun nevertheless. I wasn't feeling well at all for most of the weekend, but I didn't want to miss out on the fun with my nieces.

They had fun bidding at the children's auction and Rodney got a bunch of stuff at the new and used auction. Carmina and I wanted the quilt that went for $2,000.

The girls helped me make homemade waffles for breakfast on Sunday. I could only eat 2 bites but I think they were a hit.



















I was sad to see them leave because I won't see them until Christmas. This will be the longest stretch of time that we're apart. I hate it.


Just hours after the last picture was taken, I went to the emergency room to figure out why I was sick all week and all weekend. Turns out that a new medication I was taking caused my sodium to drop dangerously low. They told me to go home and drink pop and Gatorade and eat salty chips. No water for 3 days. Very strange, but it worked!

No comments: