Friday, October 16, 2009

Shrimp, Not Soup

I love to try new recipes. It's very satisfying to make something from start to finish and have it taste good. I am trying to get my mind around the concept that many folks don't like to cook, but I can't really figure that one out. Tonight I decided to try Sesame Shrimp. Very easy and yummy, if you can find chili garlic sauce.

Sesame Shrimp


1 TBSP fresh lime juice
1 tsp chili garlic sauce
1 TBSP orange marmalade
2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp salt
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined and tails off

Combine juice, chili garlic sauce, salt, marmalade and 1 tsp oil. Mix well. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Marinate in fridge for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. (If you wish, you can skewer the shrimp). Heat remaining 1 tsp oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook 4 minutes, turning once. Serve with rice and veggies! Mmmmmmmmmmm...

No comments: