Sunday, June 27, 2010

Tea Garden

Anyone who is around me these days knows how much I enjoy a good glass of iced tea. I am always searching out places to buy loose leaf tea so I can try new combinations. This year I decided to plant a "tea garden" of herbs that I could use to make my own tea.
I planted:

chamomile
bee balm
lemon balm
pineapple sage
pineapple mint
lemon thyme
orange mint
catmint
lemon verbena
geraniums

It is finally taking off and today, because I was bored, I decided to try to make some tea with my herbs. I crushed 2 tsp lemon balm, 1tsp lemon verbena and 1 tsp spearmint. I poured about 1 1/2 cups boiling water over them and steeped for 12 minutes.
I was afraid to try it, but it is actually very refreshing and I haven't noticed any negative side effects...yet.




No comments: