Friday, September 2, 2011

I'm Craftier Than I Thought

When my cousins were visiting, we went to Douglas and Saugatuck, MI where I bought a handmade ring. After buying one, I got the artist to tell me how she made it and I came home and made a whole bunch of them for myself. It is a super easy and fun project, somewhat similar to the Bottlecap Necklaces that I made with my nieces. I used expandable ring blanks that fit ring size 6 - 8. Unfortunately I think they might be too big for my nieces but I plan to see what I can do about that.



You just use a craft hole punch (I think mine is about 1/2") and you punch out circles from pictures, magazines, scrapbook paper, or whatever looks cool. You glue it onto those clear marbles with a flat bottom that people use to fill glass vases and you glue that onto the ring blank. I am still experimenting because a few came off so I covered them with glue and hope they will stick. You can also use Modge Podge but I don't have any so I used strong, craft glue (Durabond) that dries clear.







In the meantime, I am having fun making and wearing these fun rings!





















































1 comment:

kristin said...

brilliant!!!

you ARE crafty!