Thursday, July 12, 2007

Pretty Things

I've been helping my brother and sister-in-law unpack boxes at their new house. They have lots of space, especially now that I'm not living in their basement. The girls have enjoyed exploring the house and it is right down the street from a creamery where they serve ice cream! We had a bit of excitement when it started to pour rain and the van windows were down but Rodney and Carmina weren't home. My mom and I quickly wrapped all the windows in 3 rolls of plastic wrap. Sorry, no photo.

I'm back at the cottage and had a job interview today. I'm also working on my current knitting project which is a light purple (actually "wisteria") poncho in Shine Worsted cotton yarn from Knit Picks. It is for Cheyanne to wear to first grade in the fall. I showed it to her and she said it is "too soft." She's very particular about how things feel, so I hope she'll wear it when I'm done.


I also have to share photos of an old quilt that is at the cottage. I have always loved this quilt. If I recall correctly, it was in the cottage when my parents bought the place in the early 70's so we don't know who made it. My mom reminded me that my first boyfriend and I used to fight over it when we'd stay here.

It has so many tiny, colorful squares that I imagine were scraps of fabric that had been used to make other things. I wish I could tell the person who made it how loved it has been.

No comments: