Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Busy Knitter


Well, since I haven't started my job yet I have been very busy knitting! I finished a pair of cotton baby slippers using a pattern from Adorable Knits for Tots by Zoe Mellor. I used a wonderfully soft yarn from KnitPicks called Shine Sport.

I also went to a nearby church. It is a Unitarian Universalist church. Does anyone know anything about them? Today's topic was "Being Alone Together" based on a chapter of the book A Hidden Wholeness by Parker Palmer. It was an interesting discussion, and I think I will go back, but I left there feeling like I still needed to go to church. There was no prayer or talk of God, which was strange to me. They talked today about the soul and the idea that our soul is in perfect form when we are born and throughout our lives it tries to call us back to that state. I imagine I'll go back again. During the summer they have a different format than the rest of the year so it could be a very different experience starting in the fall. I think the members have varying beliefs about God, religion, and spirituality. One misson of the church, as near as I can tell, is to support everyone in their search for the truth. They are big into peace and justice and service to the community and those are all things that I can support.

No comments: