Monday, May 5, 2008

Everything From Scratch

I like to cook. It seems not many people do anymore. I really like it when I find an easy recipe for something that is often made from a box. Here is an easy recipe for buttermilk pancakes that I love!


Buttermilk Pancakes
1 Cup flour
2 TBSP sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 Cup low-fat or nonfat buttermilk
1 TBSP canola oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten.

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in large bowl. Combine buttermilk, oil and egg in a separate bowl. Add to flour mixture and stir until smooth. You can probably figure out the rest.

By the way, when nobody is around, there are a few things I like to make from a box:

Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
Rice-a-Roni
Kool-Aid
Lipton Noodle Soup

Even so, I have a recipe for Rice-a-Roni from scratch that I want to try. I cringe every time I see the amount of sodium in one of those boxes. I'll post the recipe if it's any good.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

Bonita,
I love the pancake recipe you contributed to Simply in Season. Thank you!

Beth said...

I like to cook too. Sometimes I'm not wild about it when it has to be done, but in general I really enjoy it. Thanks for sharing your pancake recipe. We have pancakes or waffles every Sunday night.