Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Rebel Gardener


Against the advice of the local nursery, I planted broccoli plants today. They told me not to plant before the last frost date of May 21. I think that's way too late and I'm really hoping to harvest some fresh veggies before I move. In order to protect my plants from the deer that visit in the dark of night, I installed a Scarecrow Motion-Activated Sprinkler. They cost $60 - $80 but this is the third year I'm using it and it still works great! When a deer walks in front of it they get sprayed with a jet of water. If you look in the lower right of this picture, you will see the Scarecrow.

2 comments:

kristin said...

oh my gosh, i would love to have one of those sprinklers for my kids...wouldn't that be crazy funny?!?!?!?

Bonita said...

Oh yeah! It is pretty funny when THEY get sprayed. Not so funny when it is you!