Sunday, April 15, 2007

Treasures



I've spent most of my weekend sorting through things for the 100 Mile Garage Sale. On the first weekend in May people "drive around the circle" which means they drive down one side of the Mississippi River, cross over somewhere along the way, and then drive back up the other side of the river. There are garage sales all along the route and in all the towns along the way. We may have up to 5 households bringing things over for our sale, so we are really hoping for good weather. While sorting, I found an old box under my bed with an assortment of things from the past including a tiny, round photo of me and my brother when we were little. We have the exact same haircut, which my nieces thought was HYSTERICAL.

I also found an audiocassette from the Wizard of Oz play that we did in 5th grade. I was Dorothy and I had to sing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in front of everyone. Cheyanne and Ember thought that was pretty funny too.

I did manage to leave the house to go to my knitting group today.
I am working on a "Ribbed Shell." It is already getting tedious and I've only knit about 4 inches on the front. I thought I'd post a photo of what it is supposed to look like so I will be motivated to continue. I am knitting it in Butterfly Super-10 Mercerized Cotton in a dark purple color. I sure hope it fits someone when I'm through.

1 comment:

kristin said...

oooooooooo...ME! ME! ME!