Monday, August 27, 2007

Light in the Darkness



I particularly enjoy taking the kayak out late in the day...right before the sun sets over the lake. Getting caught up in the rhythm and swish of the paddles in the water is a great way to unwind at the end of the day.




Last week the darkness wasn't quite as relaxing. A storm rolled in, uprooting trees and downing power lines. I was very grateful not to be out on the lake at the time. I was without electricity for nearly 48 hours, which also meant the pump for the well water didn't work. I was able to knit by the light of a kerosene lamp...very Little House on the Prairie.


2 comments:

kristin said...

okay...flashback...right? on that lake with a storm? i know it was a paddleboat, but still!

Bonita said...

Okay, so I completely forgot about that even from our childhood. I think it was actually an inflatable raft with plastic oars. Frightening!