Sunday, August 12, 2007

Wool and Water


I finished a pair of felted wool mittens using some yarn that I bought at Marr Haven Farm, not far from the cottage. I used the mitten pattern from Felted Knits by Beverly Galeskas and a non-felted cuff from Knit One, Felt Too by Kathleen Taylor. I don't know why I didn't just knit the mitten pattern that went with the cuff, but I didn't. I am very happy with the finished product, although I had to send them through about 5 wash cycles before they felted down to the right size.





Last week I met up with a Minnesota knitting friend in Chicago. It was great fun to check out a yarn shop downtown and to just catch up with her. Hopefully she'll forgive me for sending her on a bit of a Metra train fiasco...it all turned out okay in the end. Last night I hung out with my nieces and they took me to their local sprinkler park. Every town needs one of these!




I also helped my mom with a quilt she is making for my youngest niece. It is adorable, but I decided that I'd better stick with knitting.

2 comments:

kristin said...

beautiful color!

Unknown said...

Was so fun to get together in Chicago! All the other knitter's want to visit the shop we found! Blessings to you.