Monday, April 21, 2008

Disturbing Nature

Okay, so I was excited to go for my first kayak ride of the season today. While floating along, I saw many turtles of all sizes sunning themselves. I tried to get as close as possible and then float quietly past while getting a good look at 'em. Just as I was heading back, I saw what looked like a very big turtle on a log and decided to get a closer look. As I approached, I realized that it didn't seem to be a turtle at all. In fact, it had a very long, black and white neck and it was looking right at me. Just as I got within about 4 feet of it, I realized it was a big Canada goose sitting on a nest in the water. FREAKED ME OUT! I quickly back paddled and thanked the goose for not pecking my eyes out. I wish I'd had my camera along. I'm taking it next time.

No comments: