Tuesday, April 8, 2008

International Spring Break Trip


It is Spring Break week here. I guess it is always the first full week in April, which seems really late this year. I spent the weekend at my cousin's house in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Crossing the Ambassador Bridge is always thrilling!

My cousin, Tim, is a choral conductor and I wanted to get to one of his concerts and spend time with him, his wife and kids.

I don't think the custom's agent believed my story. She asked if I'd ever visited them there before and when I said "no" she asked why I was going there now. When I told her that I was going to a concert, she wanted to know what concert and the exact location, as well as where in Windsor my cousin lives. I must have looked like I was coming to party or something.

It was something of a party atmosphere at their church, St. Mark's by-the-lake Anglican Church where they had Hockey Jersey Sunday. Canadians really love their hockey! Nearly everyone at church had on a jersey. A brass band played the Hockey Night in Canada Theme Song and everyone sang O, Canada. I only know, "O, Canada! Our home and native land!" I guess I'd better study the words for next time.

The choir concert was great fun as well. The University of Windsor Singers and the Women's Chamber Choir did a great job. Very entertaining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I didn't want to say anything, but you do look a little shady to enter this country!
Alissa