Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Yet Another Addiction

Okay, so I am addicted to the internet. More specifically, I am addicted to:

1. Facebook: I just joined a couple of weeks ago at the urging of quite a few people. I figured I'd sign up and that would be it. It is so cool!! I love finding people on there and getting a notice something like "Beth has confirmed you as a friend." I've found my cousins, old friends, new coworkers, old professors, and I'm hoping more of you will join someday so we can be confirmed as friends by Facebook.

2. Ravelry: I've been addicted to this one since last year. You probably have to be a knitter to really appreciate the incredible things you can do on the site, but it's awesome!

3. Scrabulous: I learned about this game from my current coworker. Basically, it is online Scrabble. You can play with other people on Facebook or via email with people who don't have a Facebook account. I'm playing 5 games right now. One with my cousin in Calgary, Alberta, one with my coworker in Michigan, one with my family in Illinois, one with an old friend in Edmonton, Alberta, and one with a total stranger. If you like word games, I'll set up a Scrabulous game for us!

4. Prolific: This is online Boggle. It lasts 3 minutes and you can play with friends on Facebook or with total strangers from all over the world. I'm terrible at it, but when each game is over I think, "Just one more time."

5. Blogger: This is a mild addiction, compared to the rest, but I can't give it up either. It's more introspective than the rest.

There! I've said it. I've named the addictions and now I just need to decide which ones I should keep and which should go.

No comments: