Monday, June 23, 2008

Celebrating Hypertufa

Last week we had a hypertufa party to celebrate the retirement of one of my coworkers. I'd never heard of hypertufa before, and I wasn't convinced it would turn out, but now I'm hooked! Basically, it is a way to create a molded concrete planter using any mold you wish. I used a child's sand toy, and it turned out pretty cool. I'd like to make a big one if I find the right mold. If you click here you can find the general process that we followed. We didn't use the reinforcing fibers they mention, but maybe we should have.

If you are looking for a fun activity to do with friends, try hypertufa! My planter is now curing on the porch.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

Very cool!

Mr. U-F said...

Very cool! Your planter is way more interesting than any of the ones on the link you posted. Thanks for the link, though, I think I'll try a little hypertufa-ing. Had never heard of this either. Love the idea to use sand castle molds.

Sher from MN