Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sometimes The World is Too Big

I called my friend Christy tonight. She wasn't home so I talked to her husband instead. He said she's partying at Kristin's house. Sometimes I feel the world is too big. I wish that everyone I love could live nearby. I want to be partying with Christy and Kristin in Kansas.

But then I wouldn't be here. I would have missed the paddleboat ride with Ember, catching minnows for my nieces, looking for toads, watching turtles run through the grass, playing Outburst Junior with Cheyanne, resurfacing the driveway with the grown-ups in the family, a dip in the lake with the girls, sleeping 3 people in a tiny room, and being reminded of how much my nieces love me:f


I guess Cheyanne wishes the world was a bit smaller too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, man, you were missed.

and clearly you are missed by others too.

i can't believe cheyanne can write.

but i guess she isn't 3 anymore.