Sunday, June 8, 2008

If You Know a Knitter Like I Know a Knitter

My coworker, Sue, made this beautiful prayer shawl for me. It was very unexpected. She is the one retiring and I should be knitting something for her. If you know knitters like I do, you may have noticed that they are often looking for people to give their knitting to. It justifies all the time we knitters spend with yarn.

It came with a prayer that, among other things, says:

"When this shawl was made, many prayers were knit into every stitch:
That this shawl would keep you warm,
Make you feel strong,
Help you feel better.
May this shawl malm you when you are upset,
Remind you that we love you even when we are not here,
and help you remember that your guardian angel
is always watching over you."

Very sweet...and soft and cozy and warm! What a gift.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

What a beautiful gift you were given, both the lovely shawl, and the knowledge that your colleague has been knitting and praying for you.