Saturday, June 21, 2008

Feeling the Love

I am in Xenia, Ohio this weekend for a graduation party. When I lived in Wisconsin the year before I went to grad school, I was a nanny for 3 kids, ages 6, 4, and 4 months. The oldest graduated this year and asked me to come for the celebration. It has been quite an honor to be welcomed back into this family that I haven't seen for many years. The mom and I felt a bond from the moment we met 13 years ago at my interview. Her daughter didn't tell her I was coming and worked together with her dad to make it happen. She was so excited to surprise her mom and it was so fun to be the surprise. I am definitely feeling the love. It's like being at a family reunion with people I haven't seen for a few years, but some of them I've never met until now yet they have welcomed me like family.

It has also been fantastic to be in a city with stores all around. I spent my Saturday morning going to Target, a pet store, Half Price Books and a Salvation Army store. It can't get much better than all this.


Here is a picture of me with the "kids."



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Im Inspired again.