Monday, March 19, 2007

Happy Spring T-shirt Project


Today my nieces and I made some t-shirts to celebrate the first day of spring, which I guess starts tomorrow night. I found instructions for the project in the April/May 2007 issue of Wondertime magazine. You will need newspaper, Sharpies in assorted colors (or other permanent markers), plastic cups or empty baby food jars, rubber bands, eye dropper or small medicine dropper, and rubbing alcohol. Put the cup inside the shirt and stretch the rubber band over the t-shirt and cup. Using a permanent marker draw a small dotted (or solid) circle in the center. They recommend placing a bottle cap in the middle and drawing a dotted circle around it but I didn't bother. Drop approximately 20 dops of rubbing alcohol into the blank center of the circle. As the fabric absorbs the alcohol, the ink will spread. Let it dry for 5 minutes. Put newspaper or cardboard inside the shirt and draw stems if you wish. When the shirt is completely dry, put it in a dryer for 30 minutes then wash, dry and wear! We all enjoyed this project and I made one for myself too!

1 comment:

kristin said...

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yes!