Thursday, March 22, 2007

What to Knit Next

I'm pretty far along on my second mitten. I should be able to wear them next week. It's still cold in the mornings when we walk Cheyanne to school. The only snow that's left is really more ice than anything else and very soon that will be gone too. I know some of you have spring flowers blooming already but it's a bit too early for that up here.

I'm wondering what to knit next. I have yarn and a pattern for a sleeveless shell as well as yarn for a sweater for Cheyanne. I haven't settled on a pattern for her yet. I'll keep you posted on what I choose. Can you even stand the suspense? What are you knitting or otherwise creating?

The recipe this week is:
Spicy Honey Chicken - adapted from a recipe in Cooking Light
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tps chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground red pepper
3 large chicken breasts
5 TBSP honey
1 1/2 tsp cider vinegar

Preheat broiler. Combine all spices in large bowl. Coat each chicken breast with the spice mixture. Spray broiler pan with cooking spray. Place chicken on pan. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side. Combine honey and vinegar in small bowl. Remove chicken from oven and brush 1/2 of the honey mixture. Broil 1 minute. Remove chicken and brush with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 minute or until chicken is done.

No comments: