Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Finding the Joy


Despite the fact that I will have no job and no house of my own in just three weeks, I am really trying to remain focused on the joy of spending time with my nieces. They are showing signs of stress about the move, just as we all are. I talk to them quite a bit about the upcoming changes but I'm also trying to find ways to take their mind off of the move and just have fun. Today Ember and I used up all of the brown bananas in the freezer and made a quadruple batch of banana chocolate chip muffins. She's either really happy about it or she's faking it really well for the camera.

3 comments:

kristin said...

oh bonita, something will happen and it will be fine. and may the joy you find be greater than the pain of letting go of this incredible life experience you've had...love to you!

Bonita said...

Thank you. It has been incredible. I'm trying to imagine what it's like to be an aunt when you don't live in the same house. We're already planning slumber parties! For some reason the girls think it needs to include a cake. :)

Bug's mom said...

Shouldn't EVERYTHING include cake?! Great picture, by the way.