Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Frozen Sin

It's been awhile since I posted a recipe. If you are opposed to alcoholic beverages then you'll want to skip this one. Pretend you never saw it. I know there are some of you out there who will try this, though! The recipe calls for making these into popsicles, but I found them to be a bit too slushy for that. Next time I'll probably freeze them in individual cups and eat them with a spoon. YUM!

Slushies

1/2 Cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp ground ginger
zest of 1/2 lime
3 Cups fresh pineapple chunks (about 1 pound)
1 1/2 TBSP white rum
2/3 Cup fresh orange juice
2 1/2 Cups dry white wine

In a bowl, combine sugar, ginger, lime zest and pineapple. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Scrape mixture into skillet and cook about 5 minutes, until pineapple carmelizes. Stir in the rum and cook about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add orange juice. Let cool. Puree fruit mixture in blender. Add white wine and pour the mixture into small cups with lids and freeze. Don't let the kids find them!

7 comments:

kristin said...

please come here and we can hang out with friends and make these....

kristin said...

but i would enjoy them more if we could call them frozen goodness or frozen grace or frozen joy...

you know me....

auntiebonita said...

Okay. Frozen Joy it is. I love you for that. Maybe once I get a job offer I can put them off for a week and take a trip to KS. Somehow KS in July or August seems like it would definitely call for Frozen Joy.

Sher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sher said...

That’s hysterical – changing it from sin to joy!
I can just hear this conversation!

Bonita, may you have peace as you transition into your next chapter. The unknown can be unsettling, but as Kristin said, it WILL be fine. Easy to say when you’re not the one in the middle of it, I know. I trust that someone with your imagination and determination will find a new place to belong soon. The way I look at it, they’re just waiting for you . . .

May you enjoy the journey.

Sher said...

oh, by the way, that "deleted" comment was my bad. . . no worries, just submitting before my fingers where done typing

sorry

auntiebonita said...

Thanks, Sher, for your kind words!