Sunday, November 18, 2007

It All Depends On What You Call It

On Friday my nieces came to visit. They have visited many times before, and I've visited them in their new home many times already. This time was different, though, because it was An OFFICIAL Slumber Party.

They informed me ahead of time of the ingredients of a true slumber party: chocolate cake with pink frosting and "Slumber Party" written on top; movies; staying up late; a pillow fight; fingernail polish.

I added a few surprises of my own, including gaudy, plastic clip-on earrings for everyone and a pile of books from the local library. I made a giant bed in the living room for the girls and me to share. I think it was a great success. They seemed to love it, until I turned into a grown-up and turned over and went to sleep. We didn't quite make it to midnight as Cheyanne had hoped.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous auntie you are! My aunts are wonderful women, but only in my DREAMS would they have hosted a slumber party!

kristin said...

that is so sweet. please, i want a slumber party with you with chocolate cake...